Successful Outcomes: Lemon Law Cases in North Carolina
I am Richard A. McNeil, and I have devoted my practice to handling cases involving the Lemon Law in North Carolina. I have helped more than 1,000 clients and conducted three jury trials. I have also attended over 75 mandatory North Carolina Superior Court-ordered mediations on behalf of consumer clients.
Here are some outcomes I achieved on behalf of my clients:
**Please note that while that while I will do everything in my power to achieve the best result for your case, I cannot guarantee any specific outcome or result. The outcomes below are not typical or representative of all cases.**
- Obtained an offer from manufacturer to replace a $150,000+ luxury vehicle prior to arbitration.
- Obtained a unanimous jury verdict requiring a manufacturer to repurchase a vehicle with defective transmission for $50,000 despite dealership having done no repairs to the vehicle.
- Obtained a $16,500 cash settlement from a luxury vehicle manufacturer due to defective brakes after three days of jury trial when defendant manufacturer’s motions for directed verdict were denied.
- Obtained the repurchase of a leased luxury vehicle that resulted in over $20,000 cash refund to client.
- Obtained a $15,000 cash settlement for a client shortly after a lawsuit was filed against the luxury vehicle manufacturer, due to a defective air bag system.
- Obtained a $9,000 cash settlement within 30 days of representation after the manufacturer took over 25 days to replace a vehicle’s engine.
- Obtained replacement of the client’s 2008 model year vehicle with a brand new 2012 model due to a Lemon Law case for defective air bag system.
- Obtained a $15,000 cash settlement for a client due to defective engine in heavy-duty pick-up.
- Obtained a brand new 2015 vehicle replacement for a client’s 2011 model with over 50,000 miles due to transmission defects.
- Obtained a brand new replacement vehicle for a client after filing a lawsuit when the manufacturer only made an initial pre-litigation offer of $2,000.
Testimonials From Satisfied Clients
**The testimonials listed below do not necessarily reflect all of the feedback the firm has received. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its individual merits. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.**
The words of my appreciative clients speak volumes:
“Dedicated. Astute. Determined. Mr. McNeil balances his comprehensive legal knowledge, engaging courtroom performance and awareness of clients’ needs, making him a cut above the rest. In short, he is a solid performer who understands the finer points of customer service and satisfaction.” -Mr. & Mrs. C. B. Gardner, Sr.
“My husband and I could not be more pleased with the outcome of our recent Lemon Law case. You handled our case so professionally and with so much expertise. We know we would have never had the same outcome without your assistance. We are very thankful that we found you! We highly recommend you to anyone that is in the same predicament that we were in!” -Johnnie and Bonnie J.
“I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your help with my 2009 Lemon Law case. I gave the car dealership every opportunity to make it right. As you know, without your help that would never have happened. Instead of a 2009 with after-factory additions, I was awarded a 2010 with everything I wanted, and then more. You were able to accomplish this, and the manufacturer paid your fee. I will forever be indebted to you for your help.” -Cindy G.
“I would, without hesitation, refer you to anyone trying to deal with a Lemon Law case. You made the process very simple and painless, and successfully delivered on all your promises. Your prompt communication and professionalism was greatly appreciated!” -Paul Y.
“Mr. McNeil was so easy to deal with. My claim was filed quickly and was resolved, to my satisfaction, even sooner than I expected. I especially liked dealing directly with Mr. McNeil, something you might not find with a larger firm. I have already referred Rick McNeil to a colleague with a possible Lemon Law issue.” -Dawn N.
“Rick helped me through a stressful settlement that ended with a desirable outcome. I especially appreciate the effective and consistent communication, support and hard work that Rick provided.” -Amy P.
“After a year of trying to get the local dealer to deal with a transmission problem, you were able to bring them to the table. You got me a cash settlement and got them to fix the car. With the cash you got for me and the repaired vehicle, I was able to trade for something much better. Thank you for your service.” -David S.
“I had a 2011 that went into the shop within one month of having the vehicle. It stayed in the shop several weeks, and I decided to contact Rick McNeil. Within three months, I was in a brand new 2012! The normal span it takes for these types of cases is six months but Rick had me in not only a new car, but in one in less than half the time!” -Jonathan C.
Serving Clients in Durham, Raleigh And Throughout North Carolina
Contact me today if you have questions about the protections afforded under consumer laws, your car warranty and to discuss a potential North Carolina Lemon Law lawsuit with an experienced lawyer.